- GeoMagSphere Web Calculators
GeoMagSphere data sets and results can be freely downloaded or copied. However, the user should make the appropriate acknowledgment or citation, e.g., see Citations or Bibliography pages. The data generated by using the Calculator may be used by GeoMagSphere developers for statistical purpose.
- Larmor Radius
This page enables users to calculate the Larmor radius for any particle and for any position.The larmor radius is calculated in the shifted dipole approximation, with the simple formula you can find here.
To perfomr the Larmor Radius calculation please follow this link:
Input values are
- geographical latitude (from 88 to -88 deg.)
- geographic longitude (from 0 to 360 deg.)
- altitude from the Earth's surface (in km)
- Particle rigidity (in GV)
- value of the geomagnetic field (in Gauss)
- larmor radius (in km)