- GeoMagSphere Web Calculators
GeoMagSpheredata sets and results can be freely downloaded or copied. However, the user should make the appropriate acknowledgment or citation, e.g., see Citations or Bibliography pages. The data generated by using the Calculator may be used by GeoMagSphere developers for statistical purpose.
- Stoermer Rigidity Cutoff
This page enables users to calculate the main rigidity cut-off for any incoming direction of the particle and for any altitude. The cut-off is calculated in the shifted dipole approximation, with the Stoermer's formula you can find here.
To perform Rigidity Cutoff Calculation please follow this link:
The Earth Magnetic dipole position and inclination, in addition to the magnetic moment value, are updated with IGRF. Rigidity Cutoff and Geomagnetic coordinates are calculated in the simple shifted-tilted dipole model.
Input values are
- year (in 4 digits)
- geographical latitude (from -88 to +88 deg.)
- geographic longitude (from 0 to 360 deg.)
- altitude from the Earth's surface (>0 in km)
- Incoming latitude (from -88 to +88 deg.)
- Incoming longitude (from 0 to 360 deg.)
Ouput values are
- geomagnetic latitude
- geomagnetic longitude
- distance from the center of the dipole
- rigidity cutoff (in GV)