This page enables users to calculate the main rigidity cut-off for any incoming direction of the particle and for any altitude. The cut-off is calculated in the shifted dipole approximation, with the Stoermer's formula you can find here.
To perform Rigidity Cutoff Calculation please follow this link:
The Earth Magnetic dipole position and inclination, in addition to the magnetic moment value, are updated at November 2016. Rigidity Cutoff and Geomagnetic coordinates are calculated in the simple shifted-tilted dipole model.
Input values are
- geographical latitude (from -88 to +88 deg.)
- geographic longitude (from 0 to 360 deg.)
- altitude from the Earth's surface (>0 in km)
- Incoming latitude (from -88 to +88 deg.)
- Incoming longitude (from 0 to 360 deg.)
Ouput values are
- geomagnetic latitude
- geomagnetic longitude
- distance from the center of the dipole
- rigidity cutoff (in GV)